Licensed Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Available
Mindful Psychology Associates PC (MPA) is a small group practice in Evanston, IL, founded in 2004 by Jennifer Contarino Panning, Psy.D. MPA offers individual and group psychotherapy, intake assessments, crisis counseling, and community outreach, including speaking and training.
We specialize in college student mental health, trauma, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, perfectionism, and LGBTQ+ issues. MPA has a strong emphasis on training the next generation of clinicians with five postdoctoral fellows who have completed their training at MPA, in addition to a newly-formed therapy practicum program for Psy.D./Ph.D. students. We offer supervision to our provisionally-licensed clinicians and ongoing consultation and support (including 24/7 emergency consultation) to our licensed therapists.
At Mindful Psychology Associates, we help people grow—this includes our clients, as well as our staff. We aim to create a working environment dedicated to clinical excellence, burnout prevention, team support, trauma informed care, innovation, humility, and openness. Clinicians at MPA have flexibility to schedule clients around their preference (with at least two in-person days a week) and we do not micromanage clinicians…we trust you to see your clients and get your work done — the rest of the time is yours!
In addition to flexibility, we greatly value support and see support (both clinical and personal) as a primary way to prevent burnout. At MPA, support includes an administrative, scheduling, and billing team so our clinicians can completely focus on clinical care. We take our clinical work seriously but ourselves, not so much! We enjoy collaborating with each other for consultation, as well as team gatherings such as a summer BBQ and holiday party.
We are an anti-racist, pro-science, pro-reproductive rights, anti-diet practice who values the worth and identities of all humans. We embrace diversity in our clinicians in whatever way that may mean for the individual, and encourage clinicians to bring their whole selves to work.
Current Illinois licensure as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSYPACT a bonus) or LCPC/LCSW/LMFT/LPC (or completion of Psy.D./Ph.D. degree if postdoctoral fellow). Unfortunately, we are unable to accept LSW applicants at this time due to supervision requirements.
We prefer clinicians with previous experience in providing psychotherapy, working in a higher level of care, crisis counseling, and/or working with young adults.
Knowledge of mindfulness-based practices and trauma informed care as well as some experience in one or more of the following areas:
- eating disorder or substance abuse treatment
- trauma therapy (EMDR, ART, SE, brainspotting, etc)
- and/or CBT
This position will not be a good fit for those who are wanting to grow a private practice concurrently. We ask for a two-year commitment for client care and staff cohesion.
- We require approximately 25 completed clinical hours per week for full-time clinicians (15 hours for part-time positions), including four clinical hours per week of evening (5:00 pm or later) or weekend availability.
- Timely completion of clinical documentation into EHR
- Collaboration with other professionals as needed for clinical care
- Timely responsiveness to emails and phone calls
- Participate in marketing, networking, and training activities (as needed)
- Adherence to professional ethics
- W2 employee status
- BCBS PPO group health insurance plan with employer contribution
- dental and vision insurance 100% covered by employer
- Paid Time Off
- yearly CEU stipend
- group supervision
- iaedp-approved certified supervision (for those interested in iaedp certification)
- full administrative assistance including scheduling and billing support
- work-life balance, as well as scheduling flexibility
- professional liability insurance
- short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $50 monthly stipend for parking/phone
Our postdoctoral fellows are salaried at $50,000 yearly.
For licensed therapists, hourly flat-rate reimbursement is between $50–75 depending on license type.
We take care of our clinicians so you can take care of your clients, as well as having time for your family/hobbies/living life!