Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO-DBT) is an empirically-validated treatment model developed by Thomas Lynch, PhD, designed to help people who struggle with over-control.
If you identify with any or all of the following traits, you may benefit from RO-DBT:
- Rigidity in behaviors or thinking (perfectionism)
- Excessive need to be in control (over control)
- Difficulty accessing emotions
- Social isolation
- Emotionally shut down or guarded
RO is a trans-diagnostic treatment approach, meaning that it was not designed for one particular diagnosis. However, if you struggle with any of the following problems, you may benefit from RO treatment:
- Treatment resistant depression
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCDP)
While traditional DBT is helpful for individuals who need more help regulating and controlling emotions, RO-DBT is designed for those who benefit from goals of openness and flexibility.
Drs. Michelle Gebhardt and Jennifer Contarino Panning have completed intensive training in RO-DBT and are available for individual therapy, as well as our RO-DBT skills training class.